The Toyota Prius sure has changed since it first went on sale in 1997.
Toyota has sold millions of these hybrid vehicles and has introduced several model variations. These models include:
- The Prius 3rd Generation – This is your standard Prius that we all know and love. It gets 51/48 mpg.
- The Prius Plug-In – This Prius is a cross between a hybrid and a plug-in car. It gets 87 mpg in electric mode and 49 mpg in hybrid mode.
- The Prius v – This hybrid offers a little more space than the standard size Prius. It’s a little longer and wider than a standard Prius. It gets 44/40 mpg. You can call it the family sized Prius car.
- The Prius c – This is a compact hybrid. It’s not on sale in the United States yet. It’s expected to hit U.S. dealerships within the next year.
So how do you decide which Prius is right for you? Answering these questions will help you decide.
- What is my budget? – This is a very important question to ask yourself. Base prices for the 3rd Generation Prius start at $23,000. Whereas base prices for the Prius Plug-In start at $32,000.
- How Much Space Do I Need? – The Prius v provides the most space, while the Prius c has the least amount of space. The standard Prius 3rd Generation has an adequate amount of space for small families.
- How Much Do I Drive? – Answering this question will help you determine which trim and accessory options you’ll want for your Prius. Also be sure to consider your budget.
Following these steps will help you find the right Prius. Once you get your Prius, be sure to use genuine Toyota parts. You can find genuine Toyota Prius parts online at great prices.