2015 Lexus RC 350 F Sport Debuts at Geneva International Auto Show
Lexus recently announced it will unveil a new sportier and more aggressive RC 350 coupe at the 2014 Geneva International Auto Show. Here is what we know.
A press release says that the RC 350 F Sport will feature many improvements including enhanced driving dynamics plus exclusive exterior and interior design features. This model is meant to complete the RC lineup with the sporty RC 350 and RC F performance coupe that has more than 450 horsepower.
Lexus will hold a press conference on March 4 at 8:45 a.m.
Besides, the RC F Sport, a RC F GT3 racing concept will be revealed. This concept will highlight Lexus’ intent to return to the GT3 racing series.The Lexus RC series of vehicles is based on the IS sedans with a shorter wheelbase though it is slightly longer. For the RC model it comes with three engines 3.5 L V6 paired to an 8-speed automatic transmission, the RC 300h with the 2.5 L I4 mated to a continuously variable transmission with a hybrid powertrain. The RC F is the sport version that comes with a 5.0 L 2UR-GSE V8 with Atkinson cycle and an 8-speed Sport Direct Shift automatic transmission. The RC 350 F sport model is an upgrade over the base RC 350 coupe.
Other F Sport features include:
- Torque Vectoring Differential (TVD) with three operating modes, Standard, Slalom, or Track
- Front and rear coil-spring independent suspension
- Monotube gas-filled shock absorbers and ball-jointed stabilizer bars
- Three 19-inch diameter forged aluminum wheels
- Spindle grille with F-mesh pattern on the lower half
- Unique front hood which raises the peak of the vehicle
- Hood air vent from the LFA
- Front cooling ducts and fender ducts in the L shape
- Exclusive combination meters from LFA
- Elliptical cross-section thick grip steering wheel,
- All-new high back seats, ornamentation and pedals
- Brembo four-wheel power assisted disc brakes with anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Electronic brake force distribution (EBD) and brake assist (BA)
- 19×9-inch front and 19×10-inch rear wheels
- 255/35R19 front and 275/35R19 rear tires
It also will mostly come with an aerodynamic package that includes an active rear spoiler, tuning of the underboyy and grille intakes with aero stabilizing fins.
Are you excited to see an F Sport coupe? Let us know below!