Toyota Maintenance - How to Change Cabin Air Filter
Most newer Toyota vehicles have a cabin air filter for purifying the air inside the car. If you didn’t know about it or if it has been a while, chances are it is time to change it. Here’s how.
Also, before you begin to replace the filter, it is probably a good idea to consider cleaning out your glove box. Why? Because pretty much all newer Toyota vehicles have an air filter that is located behind the glove box. If you have a lot of items in the glove box, it will simply take longer to do the replacement.
How to Change Cabin Air Filter
- Open and empty the glove box. Look a screw on the lower right side and remove this screw if applicable (not all models have this)
- Locate plastic tabs along the edges of the glove box. When you depress these you will notice the glove box will open more fully.
- Next, locate a long, rectangular plastic strip and find two tabs one on each side. By squeezing in these tabs, the plastic will come away exposing the air filter.
- Remove and replace the cabin air filter.
- Put the plastic strip back on and reassemble glove box by using the reverse instructions.
Congrats, you have changed out your air filter. You will now get better and cleaner air circulation when you use the air conditioner or the heater.