Winter Car Related Items That Will Save Your Life - Toyota Parts Blog
There’s nothing worse than getting stranded on the side of the road during the winter. In some cases, it can be life threatening.
To be better prepared, you should have the following items in your vehicle.
- A Warm Blanket – You don’t know how long you’re going to be on the side of the road. Keep a warm blanket in your trunk to help prevent you from freezing.
- Hat and Gloves – How often do you get into your car without a hat or gloves in the middle of winter?
- Flash Light – It gets dark a lot faster during the winter months. Make sure your vehicle has a good flashlight in it. It can really help when you’re in a bind at night. Try to check the batteries in your flash light every six months.
- A Shovel – A small portable shovel can really help if you need to dig your vehicle out of snow. Look for a small compact shovel with deep side walls.
- Food and Water – Keep some granola bars and water in your vehicle, just in case you get stranded. Even in the winter you can suffer from dehydration. Also if you take any medications, you may want to leave some in your car.
- Cell Phone Charger – In this day and age, you don’t want to be stuck on the side of the road with a cell phone that doesn’t work. Keep a cell phone charger so your battery is at 100 percent.
Besides these personal items, you’ll also want to have jumper cables, towing rope and other car-related items for your vehicle. Also be sure to keep your vehicle in great shape. You can do so by using genuine Toyota parts.
At Toyota Parts Center we have great prices on Toyota OEM parts. This includes Camry parts, Sienna parts and even Prius parts.