Before you know it, it will be December. And in many parts of the country, there will be snow and ice!
Is your car ready for winter?
If it’s not, be sure to follow these five car care tips for winter!
1. Replace Wipers – Visibility is very important during the winter months. Be sure your Toyota’s windshield wipers are in good working order. Also, check to make sure that the windshield washer reservoir is filled.
2. Check Your Tires – Make sure that the tire pressure and tire tread are at proper levels. It’s important to have a good set of tires on your Toyota during the winter months. You may want to even consider snow tires.
3. Perform A Maintenance Inspection – Before winter, be sure to check the battery and any belts and hoses. If you have any major repairs, try to get them done before the winter months. Be sure to use quality Toyota parts and Toyota accessories.
4. Check Coolant – You’ll want to make sure that your engine coolant is a 50/50 mix of water and antifreeze. You can check this by getting an antifreeze tester at any auto parts store.
5. Have A Car Kit – For emergencies, you’ll want to keep a warm blanket, gloves, and a hat in your vehicle. You’ll also want to consider these items in your car emergency kit: a shovel, flashlight, jumper cables, and a first aid kit. Also, be sure to have a great ice scraper in your vehicle.
Following these tips will help get your Toyota ready for the winter months!