Why the Camry Is Better Than the Accord - Toyota Parts Blog
If you’re looking for a mid-size sedan, you’ve probably considered the Toyota Camry and the Honda Accord. As a Toyota parts dealer, we’re a little biased when it comes to selecting which is better.
If you really want to know which one is better, just take a look at this important comparison information.
- Price: Winner – Camry – The Camry beats the Accord when it comes to price. The Toyota Camry L starts at $22,850, whereas the Honda Accord LX starts at $23,070.
- Fuel Economy: Winner – Camry – The Camry gets 25 mpg city and 35 mpg highway beating out the Accord, which gets 23 city and 34 highway.
- Horsepower: Winner – Tie – This is a close one. The Camry gets 178 horsepower whereas the Accord gets 177. The Camry has the slight edge, but it’s very close.
- Technology: Winner – Camry – With the Camry, Bluetooth hands free telephone access is standard. With the Accord, it’s optional. Both offer similar six-speaker stereo systems. However, Bluetooth is a must for today’s drivers.
- Comfort: Winner – Tie – When it comes to leg, hip and head room, the Camry and Accord are pretty close. The Accord has slightly more front seat leg room, while the Camry has a bit more backseat leg room. All in all, both cars have similar dimensions.
Looking at just specs, the Camry is the clear winner. Then consider the 2012 Camry won the Best Resale Value Award from Kelley Blue Book. It also earned a five-star overall safety rating. And of course, it’s the best-selling car in America. All good reasons to go with the Camry.
At Toyota Parts Center, we have great prices on Camry parts. Visit us at Parts.olathetoyota.com .