Why Quick Oil Changes Suck - Toyota Parts Blog
Quick oil changes have become popular options for Toyota car owners.
These options claim to be fast, easy and cheap. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. You could end up spending extra money on Toyota parts for your vehicle. This is because of the damages caused by these quick oil change places.
Problems can include:
- Stripping threads on the drain plug.
- Installing the wrong oil filter.
- Poor customer service.
Here are several important reasons why you should avoid quick oil changes.
1. Technicians are Usually Inexperienced: Many quick oil change places hire young, inexperienced technicians. This sometimes leads to mistakes because they don’t look over their work.
2. Technicians are Overworked: In quick oil changes, time is of the essence. It’s not about quality. It’s about getting as many cars as possible through the service bays. Mistakes are more likely to happen under these types of conditions.
3. Technicians Cut Corners: Many times, technicians will forget to check the air pressure in your tires or top off other fluids in your car. These places also will not tell you if there are any additional problems with your car.
If you decide to get an oil change, be sure to take a good look at your vehicle after the service. Check to see if there is an oil leak. If there is a leak, immediately notify the staff and ask for compensation.
It’s better to visit a mechanic that specializes in your vehicle. There, they can give you the proper service and identify other potential problems. Additionally, if you own a Toyota, you can ensure that they will use genuine Toyota parts that will keep you car on the road longer.