Buying aftermarket accessories for your Toyota is like burning money. That’s because you never know what you’re going to get with these types of accessories.
Here are a few that are a waste of your money.
- Body Kits – In general, installing custom body kits on your Toyota decreases the value of the vehicle. That’s because most buyers are not interested in a Toyota with custom fenders and bumpers. Unless you’re a pro at customizing vehicles, it’s better to leave the body of your Toyota alone.
- Engine Air Intakes – Installing a custom air intake on your Toyota could void your Toyota engine warranty. If you really want to install a custom air intake, you’ll want to talk with a Toyota parts manager to be sure it won’t void your warranty. It’s always important to read through your warranty before making any engine changes.
- Crappy Window Tinting – You’re just throwing your money away if you invest in cheap window tinting. Poor quality window tinting will quickly begin to peel and turn purple. It’s not worth the money. It’s better to explore your tinting options with the dealership.
- Custom Lighting – You want to be very careful when buying custom aftermarket lighting. Many times, the custom light may be illegal in your state. That’s especially true for neon lighting. You’re just wasting your money.
- Floor Mats – Many aftermarket floor mats just don’t fit snugly like the ones from the factory. They don’t last as long and don’t provide enough protection. Talk with your dealer about floor mats and other genuine Toyota accessories.