Does your 2015 - 2019 Toyota 4Runner have a broken grille? Or do you want to upgrade its look? If so, why not replace your old grille with one from the TRD Pro package!
The TRD Pro Series is designed for adventure and your 4Runner is highly capable of exploring where the road ends. The TRD Pro grille is a great way to showcase those capabilities and is an easy and inexpensive way to upgrade your 4Runner's look.
The Parts You Need
It's easy to swap out the grille on your 4Runner. The first step is to get the right parts from our parts center, which include the following:
You Will Also Need A Matching Upper Grille Surround:
- PZ327-35054-A0 (040) - Super White
- PZ327-35054-B0 (1F7) - Classic Silver Metallic
- PZ327-35054-C1 (218) - Attitude Black
- PZ327-35054-E0 (4X0) - Inferno Red
- PZ327-35054-B1 (1G3) - Magnetic Gray Metallic
- PZ327-35054-E1 (4V6) - Quicksand
- PZ327-35054-A1 (070) - Blizzard Pearl
- PZ327-35054-J1 (8W2) - Grayish Blue
- PZ327-35054-J2 (8T6) - Voodoo Blue
The Grille Swap Requires Just A Few Tools:
- Ratchet wrench with a 10 mm socket
- Phillips screwdriver
- Clip remover tool or small flathead screwdriver
In addition to the above tools, it's a good idea to have blue masking tape. This will help prevent chips or scratches in the paint surrounding the grille opening. You'll also want a clean, lint-free microfiber cloth to clean up the grille once it's installed.
Image Credit: Trail4Runner.com
- Remove the radiator cover clips and the radiator support cover. There are a total of 13 clips that can be removed by pressing down on the tabs. Hang on to the clips because you'll reuse them when installing the new grille.
- Remove the two clips and one bolt attaching the grille. Then carefully pull the grille out to remove it. Before this step, it's a good idea to apply masking tape to the paint surrounding the grille.
- Remove the grille parts out of the bracket. There are four Phillips screws holding the bracket and six holding the grille housing. Keep all of these parts to reuse with the new grille.
- Reassemble the grill parts and bracket to the new grille.
- Remove the adhesive strips on the garnish. Then line up the two center marks and slide the garnish on. Apply minimum pressure to attach the garnish and crimp it to the front bumper.
- Install the new grille to the front bumper by clicking it in place. Then secure the upper end of the grill with the clips.
- Replace the radiator support cover, securing it with the 13 clips.
- Stand back and admire your new grille!
This is just a brief overview of the process. Please review the instructions that accompany the parts. If you have questions, call our customer service line and talk to one of our experts.
Here are more resources on maintaining your Toyota 4Runner:
- Online apps, including diagnostic tools, can be found at Online Tools And Software
- For information on how to swap your 4Runner's axels, visit this page.
- If you change your own oil, check out our DIY Maintenance kit.