There are several major mistakes that you will want to avoid when purchasing auto insurance. Avoiding these five costly mistakes will help you save money in the long run, especially if you get into a car accident.
- Mistake 1: Focus Too Much On Price – Don’t get us wrong, price is important. However, if you focus too much on price, you may not get the coverage that you need. Listen to the coverage options when speaking to an agent.
- Mistake 2: Forget To Price Shop – Before you buy your insurance, you’ll want to make sure that you have thoroughly compared prices. There are plenty of good auto insurance comparison websites on the internet.
- Mistake 3: Don’t Check For Discounts – If you want to save money, you need to remember to check to see if you qualify for any discounts. Many insurance companies offer good driving discounts, multiple car discounts, and more.
- Mistake 4: Buying Legal Limit – This is a big mistake. Sure, you will save money. But if you get into an accident, and you’re at fault, you’ll have to pay any difference that your policy doesn’t cover.
- Mistake 5: Forgot To List Other Drivers: If other people are going to be driving your car, be sure to have them listed on your insurance policy. This will properly protect your vehicle in case of an accident.
Bonus tip: Don't get scammed. We talk about insurance scams in this blog post.
By avoiding all of these mistakes, you’ll save money and have the peace of mind that you are properly insured.
Once you purchase the right insurance, be sure to take good care of your car or truck. If you own a Toyota, you’ll want to use genuine Toyota parts like the Camry parts we have on our site. This will help to keep your Toyota on the road longer.