Car Insurance Scams That Will Piss You Off - Toyota Parts Blog
While it’s not as common as other types of fraud, car insurance fraud should be a concern for all motorists. That’s because this type of scam can cost you your life.
You’ll be better protected if you understand the different types of car insurance scams. Here are some of the most common car insurance scams that will piss you off.
1. Rear End Collisions – In this type of scam, the driver in front of you slams on their brakes for no reason, causing you to hit them. They then collect insurance money for vehicle damages. They might even fake an injury to collect for medical damages.
2. Fake Waivers – These people will give you the OK waive to drive into the street, only to then crash into you. They will then lie and say that they were never waiving you into traffic.
3. Add On Damages – In this scam, the other driver will cause more damage to their vehicle after the accident. That’s why it’s always important to take pictures of the scene of the accident, so these kinds of fraudulent claims can be disputed.
4. Repair Shop Scams – If you end up getting into an accident, be very skeptical of recommendations to unknown repair shops. They might be looking to overcharge you on repairs. It’s always safer to go with a repair shop that is certified in repairing Toyotas and uses genuine Toyota parts.
5. Fake Victims – People are added to the claim that weren’t present during the accident. It’s very important to keep track of all the passengers in the other person’s vehicle to avoid this scam.
These are some of the more common car insurance scams. To avoid these scams, keep a safe distance when driving behind vehicles. Also obey the traffic laws. It will help to keep you out of these types of situations.