Do you have a worn out serpentine belt? If so, you can replace it right at home with this tutorial!
You'll Save So Much Money By Replacing The Serpentine Belt Yourself
If you bring your Toyota to a shop, expect to pay $100-$200 to have them replace it. It's quite a high price tag, considering how easy the job is. If you replace the serpentine belt yourself, you would only need to pay for the replacement part. An OEM replacement serpentine belt costs $8-$80, depending on your Toyota model.
If you shop from us, you'll save even more money on a genuine OEM replacement belt! We offer wholesale pricing for all OEM Toyota parts, including serpentine belts. Look up your Toyota model in our catalog of serpentine belts to see how much money you can save.
It's Very Important To Get The Right Replacement Belt
It's not a good idea to visit the nearest auto parts store and grab the first serpentine belt you see. It's because each engine needs a serpentine belt that's a certain:
With serpentine belts, size matters a lot because:
- If you use a serpentine belt that's too long, there won't be enough tension.
- If you use a serpentine belt that's too short, there will be too much tension.
- If you use a serpentine belt that's too thick or too thin, it'll break and/or slip off.
Luckily, finding the right serpentine belt for your engine is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Visit our catalog of serpentine belts
- Do a search on your Toyota model
- Order the right serpentine belt for your engine
That's all! Once you have your replacement serpentine belt, follow the set of steps below.
How To Replace Your Serpentine Belt In 8 Easy Steps
Replacing the serpentine belt is so easy pretty much anyone could do it. Here's a general overview of the process:
- Make sure the engine is off and cool.
- Open the hood.
- Disconnect the battery.
- Loosen the tension pulley.
- You need a long tool to do this, such as a breaker bar.
- Remove the old serpentine belt.
- Install the new serpentine belt.
- There's usually a diagram near the front of the radiator or on the inside of the hood. It indicates the correct path for the serpentine belt.
- When the new belt is in the correct position, loosen the tensioner pulley again to put the belt over it.
- Connect the battery.
- With the hood open, start the engine. Observe the new serpentine belt to make sure it's installed right.
If you have any questions about the replacement process, feel free to get in touch with us!