Do you have a damaged weather belt molding on one of your Toyota’s front windows? You don’t have to take your Toyota to a shop and pay them steep labor fees to replace it for you. You can save some money by taking care of the job yourself.
This tutorial offers complete instructions on replacing the belt molding on your Toyota. The steps may vary a little between Toyota models. Yet, they’re still similar enough for you to be able to follow the instructions below.
1. Find A Replacement Belt Molding
The first thing you want to do is to get all the replacement parts you need. It’s always better to get OEM replacement parts instead of aftermarket parts. Your first instinct may be to pay a Toyota dealership top dollar for a replacement belt molding. It’s not a good decision, financially speaking. Dealerships charge a huge markup for all their parts.
The good news is that buying from a dealership isn’t the only option. You can save a lot of money on OEM parts. All you need to do is shop online. We’re an authorized seller of genuine OEM Toyota parts. We’ll help you save a lot of money because we offer wholesale pricing. Look up your Toyota model here and see if we have replacement belt moldings available for your vehicle.
2. Remove The Belt Molding From Your Front Door
Image Credit: Home & Auto DIY
When you have your replacement belt molding, you can start the replacement process. The first thing to do is to remove the bad belt molding from your front door. We based this tutorial on the Tundra belt molding window weatherstrip replacement process. If you have another Toyota model, you should be able to follow the steps.
- Open the door and roll down the window. This makes it easier to access the end of the belt molding without damaging the front door and/or back door.
- There’s a small clip behind the belt. With your fingers, push or pull the end of the belt molding up to pop it out. If you hear a clicking sound, that means the belt molding is out of the frame piece.
- Keep pushing or pulling up the belt molding across the window until you get to the other end. The other end of the belt molding (near the side mirror) slides underneath the weatherstrip. So be sure not to push or pull that part directly up. Instead, slightly push or pull up the end and then slide it out.
3. Install The New Belt Molding On Your Front Door
With the bad belt molding off the door, it’s time to install the new belt molding window weatherstrip. Here’s how the process goes:
- Take a look at the new belt molding. At one end, there’s a small clip. At the other end, there’s a small extension. The end with the extension belongs on the side near the mirror. Slide that extension in first.
- Make sure that the clip at the other end lines up with the frame.
- When the clip lines up with the frame, gently push it down until it clips in place.
- Push down the rest of the belt molding until the whole part is in place.
That’s all! It’s a very easy process. You don’t even need any tools. So there’s no point in paying for labor if you can do it yourself anywhere.
Do you have any questions, or do you need help finding the right belt molding for your Toyota model? You’re welcome to contact us.