The Roughest Featured Toy(ota) Truck - Toyota Parts Blog
You’ll need to look twice at this truck to tell that it’s not actually a real truck at all, but instead a super detailed replica of a damaged Toyota truck.
Built by a user with the screen name PardonMyN00b on ScaleBuildersGuild.com, the work done to the body to make it look like a real off-roader is amazing.
He notes that he heated the front inner fenders and then stuffed the tires into them, noting it’s the modeling version of beating truck fenders with a hammer.
Even though the paint is polished to a mirror finish, he did a fair amount of work to create the damage one might see as a result of a rollover or a handful of encounters with the great outdoors.
Damage work includes:
- Scratching of the inside of the toy’s bed
- Weathering of the bed with various chalks
- Spots of flat black airbrushed on in patches
- Silver paint dry brushed over dents
- Re-created rusted dents randomly placed in different spots
- Scratches via fingernails being drug across the body
The body sits atop a SCX10 chassis with Super Shafty Bomb Proof transmission attached to a GCM motor mount, MIP driveshafts, and GCM transfer case. Naturally, the toy driver looks slightly terrified, probably one of the most realistic features of the built.
It’s certainly not built for power, but the realism is unmatched.