Sneaky Ways to Avoid a Speeding Ticket - Toyota Parts Blog
It’s a sneaky way to catch people speeding. However, you can play by the same set of rules. If you want to stand a chance of getting out of a speeding ticket, here are a few tricks that you can try.
1. Give the Police Officer a Wave – If you happen to be going a little fast through a speed trap, give a friendly wave to the police officer. It shows the officer that you realize that you were going fast and you’re slowing down.
2. Play Dumb – If a police officer pulls you over for speeding, never admit that you knew you were going fast. As you’re talking with the officer, avoid getting cute with them. Be polite and try to get through the conversation as fast as possible.
3. Defer a Contested Ticket as Long as Possible – If you plan on contesting the speeding ticket, request as many continuances as possible. It increases your chances of dodging the ticket. In some cases, the officer may retire, transfer or just not show up to the court date if you drag out the process.
4. Find a Loophole – If you end up getting a speeding ticket, carefully review the written citation. Check for misspellings of names, wrong license plate numbers and other incorrect information. It might help you if you plan on contesting the ticket.
5. Schedule Court Date Time as Early as Possible – If you’re able to pick the time of your court date, schedule it for as early as possible. If the officer works late in the evening, it’s possible they might not show up for an early court time.
Following these tips may help you get out of a speeding ticket. Have you ever dodged a speeding ticket? What did you do? Leave your comments below.
At Toyota Parts Center, we have the lowest prices on Toyota OEM parts. We have a huge selection of Camry parts and other Toyota parts at great low prices. Visit us at Parts.OlatheToyota.com.