How to Get Out of a Speeding Ticket - Toyota Parts Blog
Want to know how to maximize your chances of getting out of it? Following the tips below will help increase the chances that you’ll be able to drive away without a speeding ticket.
1. Have a good attitude – Attitude is everything when it comes to beating a speeding ticket. Being confrontational with a police officer isn’t going to help your chances. Remain polite and have a positive attitude.
2. Turn off your vehicle – Procedure requires you to turn off your vehicle and roll down your window. Take it a step further by turning on the dome light in your vehicle and keeping your hands visible on the steering wheel. It will make the police offer’s job a lot easier. Plus, they won’t point a flash light in your face.
3. Listen and do what the officer says – It’s important to pay close attention to the officer and do exactly what he says. Don’t be coy with any answers be honest.
4. Admit to the mistake – If you were driving over the speed limit, admit to it. In some cases, this may be enough for the officer. Arguing over whether it was 5 or 10 mph over the speed limit isn’t going to help your case.
5. Plead your case – If it looks like the officer is still going to give you the ticket, plead your case. Let them know that they are right. Let them know what a financial burden this will be. Under no circumstances should you get angry.
This is the best way to improve your chances of getting out of a speeding ticket. If you still get a ticket, you can consider meeting with the officer when they’re not on patrol or you can write a letter pleading your case.
If all else fails, pay the ticket and drive slower next time.