Foods That Will Leave Your Car Smelling Like Garbage - Toyota Parts Blog
If you want to keep your Toyota smelling great, you’ll want to avoid eating and storing these foods in your ride.
- Fast Food – This is one of the most common foul car smells. It’s a combination of grease, meat, potatoes and cheese. It may taste good, but it sure does leave a terrible aroma when you leave a fast foot bag in your car for a couple of days.
- Spicy Foods – Spicy foods tend to use strong-scented spices that can stink up a car. It’s better to eat these types of foods at the restaurant or at home. Certain Asian foods tend to have strong scents, which can linger in your vehicle for days.
- Smoked Meats – Boy those smoke BBQ meats taste good, but they sure can make your vehicle smell like a BBQ pit. Hickory smoked meats can really leave a strong smell. It can be even worse if the meat is covered in vinegar-based BBQ sauces.
- Garlic Based Sauces – Spaghetti sure does hit the spot in a restaurant, but leftovers can really leave your car smelling like garlic cloves. Whether it’s marinara sauce or garlic bread, you won’t want to leave Italian food too long in your vehicle.
- Coffee – Fresh coffee grounds can smell great. Day old brewed coffee sitting in your car, not so much. Today’s coffees are even worse because many get milk-based coffees which can sour if left over night in your car.
The best way to avoid these types of smells is to limit the amount of time the food is in your vehicle. Keeping the windows open while traveling can help a lot too. Using air fresheners and fabric sprays can eliminate the odors.
In extreme cases, you might need to replace floor mats because of spills. Should you need to replace any car mats or other parts on your vehicle, visit Toyota Parts Center. We are the No. 1 online retailer of Toyota parts and accessories. We have Sienna parts, Corolla parts… you name it! Visit us at parts.olathetoyota.com .