If you live along the coast, you should take precautions to protect your vehicle. Here are a few tips on how to protect your Toyota from a hurricane.
1. Park Your Car in a Garage – Storing your car in a garage will protect against falling trees and flying debris.
2. Find High Ground – Many cars are destroyed in hurricanes because of flooding. If possible, find a garage on high ground where you can park your vehicle.
3. Cover Your Car – Whether you park your car in a garage or outside, keep it covered. This can help to protect the exterior of your vehicle.
4. Remove Exterior Parts – If you’re parking outside, remove parts that may fly off because of strong winds. Consider removing antennas and other exterior parts.
5. Take Before and After Photos – Prior to the hurricane, take before pictures of your vehicle. You’ll also want to take photos after the hurricane if your vehicle has sustained damaged. This will help with insurance claims.
Following these tips will help you protect your Toyota in case of a hurricane. Remember, family and personal safety comes first before your vehicle.
At Toyota Parts Center, we have the lowest prices on Toyota OEM parts. Whether it’s Camry parts or Tundra parts, we have a great selection on our website. Visit us at parts.olathetoyota.com.