But before you hit the roads this summer, be sure to follow these seven important maintenance tips for your Toyota.
1. Check Your Brakes – For safety purposes, it’s important to have your brakes regularly inspected. You want to make sure that your brake pads are not running thin. Also it’s important to replace damaged rotors and drums.
2. Check Windshield Wipers – There’s always the possibility for a summer storm. Check to make sure that your wiper blades are in excellent condition. It will help you a lot during those rainy days.
3. Check the A/C – There’s nothing worse than having the A/C burn out during the summer. Have it checked every summer to ensure everything is in good working condition. Take it to a certified Toyota mechanic for excellent service.
4. Change the Oil and Air Filter – This should be done every 3,000 to 5,000 miles. Make sure to keep up with your oil changes during the summer months to keep your engine purring.
5. Check Belts and Hoses – You’ll want to replace belts at recommended intervals. Check your owner’s manual for specific intervals. If you’re driving a Toyota, be sure to replace them with genuine Toyota parts.
6. Check Fluids – Besides the oil, make sure all fluids are at proper levels. This will help your Toyota to properly function.
7. Check Tires – Before you hit the open road, check your tires. Make sure they have enough tread. To check tire wear, stick a penny upside down between the tread. If you can see Lincoln’s head, it’s time for new tires.
These seven tips will help you start summer on the right foot. If you need Toyota OEM parts, visit Toyota Parts Center, we have Toyota Sienna parts and other parts for Toyota vehicles.