How To Find A Safe Family Car
Over the years, many different Toyota models have been recognized for safety. The models included the Camry, Corolla, Prius, Tundra, and Sienna, among others. Toyota claimed the most top safety picks out of all vehicle manufacturers!
So what makes a vehicle safe?
- Wheel Safety – Safety starts with the wheels. Looks for a vehicle with traction control, anti-lock brakes, and smart stop technology. These safety technologies will help slow and stop your vehicle. Toyota’s smart stop technology reduces engine power to help bring your vehicle to a complete stop.
- Air Bags – Airbags are critical. For complete safety, look for a vehicle with front, passenger, and side airbags. Most airbags are programmed to inflate only during critical situations. It’s important to never put objects around or near airbags.
- Seatbelts – By law, these come in all vehicles. However, it’s important to make sure you use them. Every person riding in your vehicle should have a seatbelt. If there’s not a seatbelt for every person, it means there’s not enough room.
- Child Protection Locks – This is a great feature to prevent your children from trying to open the doors while driving.
- Impact Protection – Look for a vehicle with high-strength steel body panels and side-impact beams. In the event of a collision, these features will help to protect you and your passengers.
If you’re looking at purchasing a new or used vehicle, you’ll want to make sure the vehicle has these important safety features.