How To Select The Right Snow Tires - Toyota Parts Blog
To help you find the right snow tires for your Toyota, we recommend that you follow the tips below.
- Read Your Owner’s Manual – Reading your owner’s manual will help ensure that you get the right size tires for your vehicle. You’ll find the right size tires for your Toyota in it.
- Know Your State Laws – State have different laws involving snow tires. If you’re thinking about getting studded tires, make sure they are not illegal in your state. You can find great information about snow tires in your state here.
- Look at Tread Patterns – You’ll really want to take a look at the tread patterns of the tires. You’ll be able to tell the difference between all-season tires and snow tires. Snow tires really grab hold of the road during the winter months. All-season tires have some trouble doing this.
- Ask About Tire Storage – Some places will store your regular set of tires during the winter months. This is a great option. That way, you don’t have to worry about lugging different sets of tires to the tire shop.
- Shop Around – Visit a few stores to examine their selection. You may want to visit several stores that sell genuine Toyota parts. Many times they sell quality tires and are very knowledgeable about the best tires for your Toyota.
- Review Online Forums – There are plenty of great online forums for Toyota owners. Some of our favorites include: Toyota Nation, ToyotaOwners.net and ToyotaFans.net. These are great places to ask questions about snow tires.
Following these tips will help you find the right set of snow tires for winter! Do you have snow tires on your vehicle? What brand of tires do you prefer? Leave your comments below.