Web Technologies in Your Car - Toyota Parts Blog
Every year, more and more cars are starting to feature technology that relies on the Internet.
This list now includes:
- Toyota offers a service that allows you to use web apps such as Pandora and Bing. It’s called Entune.
- Facebook in GM vehicles equipped with OnStar service.
- BMW offering an iPad docking port in certain models.
- Audi integrating Google Earth into its navigation system.
- Mercedes offering steering wheel mounted controls for Pandora as it streams from a smartphone through Bluetooth.
- MyFord Touch vehicle integration with Pandora and several other web apps
In the future, this list will continue to grow. Consumers can count on greater integration of the Internet and other technology in vehicles in years to come.
This is because consumer technology is now the main driving force behind progress in the automotive industry.
It is hard to say exactly what the future will hold, but it is certain that it will include more integrated technology.