Toyota Car Safety: You Better Have These Items In Your Trunk - Toyota Parts Blog
We all know that Toyotas are reliable vehicles. However, any vehicle could have an issue that may leave you stranded. Here is a handy guide of things you should carry with you.
Even so, you never know when you’re going to be stuck on the side of the road. Flat tires, dead batteries and car accidents can happen at any time.
To help you stay prepared, you should have the following items in the trunk of your Toyota.
- Jumper Cables: Every car or truck should have a good set of jumper cables. You never know when you might need them.
- Flashlight: Comes in handy when you need to look under your car or when you’re stuck outside at night.
- Mini Air Compressor: You never know when you’re going to need air in your tires.
- Screwdriver and Wrenches: These are very useful if you need to do minor repairs on the side of the road.
- Rags or Cloths: Great for handling the greasy parts of your car and checking the oil.
- First Aid Kit: This is a necessity. Be sure to include bandages and aspirin.
- Warm Clothes/Blankets: You never know when you’ll be stuck out in the cold.
- Bungee Cords: These come in handy for strapping things down. You never know what you’ll get at a store.
- Gas Can: It’s good to keep one of these in your trunk. Just make sure there’s no gas in it.
With these items in your trunk, you’ll be prepared for anything. Also be sure to check that your spare tire, jack and tire wrench are in good shape. This will help when you need to change a flat. When you take your Toyota in for repairs, also make sure that they use Toyota OEM parts such as quality Tacoma parts.