To help protect your family, Toyota owners should consider the following summer driving safety tips below.
- Take Care of Repairs: Before going on any summer road trips, be sure to take care of repairs. If you need parts replaced, consider genuine Toyota parts. Also be sure to check all of the fluids in your Toyota.
- Plan Out Your Trip: When planning out your trip, also consider alternative routes. You never know what will happen, so it’s always good to have a few routes.
- Bring An Emergency Roadside Kit: It’s always good to be prepared. Have an emergency roadside kit with you. This should include jumper cables, a flashlight, a first aid kit and other important tools and items.
- Take Breaks: If you want to drive safe, you need to take regular breaks to stretch. Try to drive during daylight hours and try not to drive more than 8 hours in a day. This will help to keep you and your family safe.
- Rotate Drivers: If possible rotate the driving responsibilities. This will help to keep drivers fresh and alert.
- Keep Children in the Backseat: This is very important. On long trips, kids may become bored and want to ride in the front seat. Children under the age of 12 should not ride in the front seat because the airbags could injure them in the event of an accident.
Following these tips will help to keep your family safe this summer. Remember to drive safely and stay alert.