Toyota Sienna Maintenace - Replace Cabin Air Filter
Does your Toyota Sienna’s cabin smell musty? Is the air dirty or does it have an odor? It is time to change your cabin air filter. Here is how to do it.
The air filter is located behind the glove box. In order to replace it, you will basically just remove the glove box. With different Sienna models on the road, here are general instructions on how to change it out:
- First, clean out your glove box.
- Then, open the door and feel for plastic tabs on both sides. Push in these tabs.
- Squeeze the sides of the glove box to get it to release. The glove box should drop further down.
- Look behind the glove box and find the old cabin air filter. Typically, there are tabs holding it in place. Push in and/or turn those tabs and remove the cover.
- Remove the old filter and replace with the new one.
- Reverse these steps to put the glove box back on.
Toyota advises you to change your cabin air filter every 15,000 miles or sooner depending on driving conditions.
Changing out the cabin air filter is really easy, don’t keep dealing with the dirty air, replace the filter today.