Why the Toyota Corolla Is Better Than the Honda Civic - Toyota Parts Blog
In recent years, the Honda Civic has held the top sales spot. In our opinion, this is going to change soon. Here’s why we think the Toyota Corolla is set to knock the Honda Civic off of its perch.
- Reason #1: The Corolla is reasonably priced – The starting price for a Corolla L is $17,025. A comparable Civic is priced at $18,955. That’s a big difference for a compact car. Plus, when you look at the specs, the Corolla gets similar fuel economy and horsepower.
- Reason #2: The Corolla is a safer vehicle – Both the Corolla and Civic are safe vehicles. However, the Corolla has a five-star front crash test rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Reason #3: The Corolla is designed better – In our opinion, the Corolla just looks better. The recent re-design of the Civic seems lazy. Just check out this forum on Motor Trend. People are calling the new Civic “dull,” “uglier,” “boring” and even “ghastly.”
- Reason #4: Civic Recalls – This past year, Honda recalled more than 820,000 Civics and Pilots because of possible headlight failure. Those aren’t good numbers if you’re in the market for buying a new car.
- Reason #5: Toyota Care – Toyota is now offering a complimentary maintenance program, called Toyota Care, which provides free oil changes and 24-hour roadside assistance for two years or 25,000 miles. You can’t beat that.
These are the top reasons that we think the Corolla is primed to overtake the Civic. What are your thoughts? Leave your comments below.
At Toyota Parts Center, we specialize in selling genuine Corolla parts and other Toyota OEM parts. Find out more by visiting parts.olathetoyota.com.