Easy Ways to Beat Summer Traffic - Toyota Parts Blog
The typical American spends about an hour and a half in their cars each day. During the summer, high temperatures and standstill traffic can fuel tempers and road rage.
If you want to spend less time in your car and more time enjoying other things, we recommend these traffic tips.
- Use Technology – There are tons of smartphone apps to make summer driving a lot easier. Apps like the Traffic.com app can show you real-time traffic flow. Use the website or the app before getting into your vehicle. Also don’t forget about radio traffic reports.
- Stay in the Right Lane on Highways – The right lane (a.k.a. the slow lane) typically doesn’t stop as frequently as the far left lanes on the highway. Also, you’ll be in better position to get off the highway if there is a big traffic jam.
- Leave Early or Late – You’re just asking to wait in traffic if you decide to drive during peak driving hours (6 to 10 a.m. and 4 to 7 p.m.). Plan to start your trip earlier in the day or later in the day when traffic isn’t as bad.
- Use Bypasses – If you’re driving on a long road trip, avoid going through the heart of a city. Use bypasses to avoid traffic. Be sure to check traffic conditions on the bypasses by using your smartphone or listening to the radio.
- Keep Your Vehicle in Good Working Order – Keep your vehicle in good shape by installing genuine Toyota parts. This will ensure that your car doesn’t breakdown on the side of the road causing a summer traffic jam. There’s nothing worse than being the cause of the traffic jam.
Following these tips will help you beat the summer traffic. How do you avoid traffic? Leave your comments below.