7 Winter Driving Tips To Keep You Safe - Toyota Parts Blog
Winter is one of the most dangerous times to drive. That’s according to Forbes Magazine.
To help keep you safe, follow these winter driving safety tips.
- Drive the Speed Limit – Take it slow during the winter. According to the NHTSA, speeding is a factor in 30 percent of all traffic accidents.
- Drive During the Day – It’s harder to see slick and icy patches at night. The NHTSA says 49 percent of fatal crashes happen at night.
- Completely De-ice Your Car – Remove all snow and ice from your vehicle. It will improve visibility and keep you safe.
- Repair Your Vehicle – Winter is not the time to put off major repairs. You never know when you might get stranded on the side of the road. Use quality Toyota Tundra parts or quality Toyota Camry parts if you own either of those vehicles.
- Pay Attention to the Road – You should never drive distracted. During the winter, you should pay extra attention to this rule. Don’t text while driving. Keep the cell phone in your pocket.
- Keep Safe Distances – In the winter, try to keep a safe distance between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you. For winter driving, AAA recommends an 8 to 10 second stopping distance.
- Watch the Weather – Check the weather on TV or online before you go out. If it looks bad and it’s dark outside, postpone the trip until the weather conditions are better. It’s not worth the risk.
Following these seven tips will help protect you during the winter. Have you ever been in a car accident during the winter? What happened? Leave your comments below.